Thursday, July 31, 2008

~Not much time for Scrappin~

Been way to busy getting my kids registered for school!
I spent 3 YES THREE and a HALF hours at the Health dept. Getting our Immunization records changed over here! WOW, that was a nightmare with 3 boys and an ansy hubby while sitting in the waiting room for almost 4 hours.
Plus 6 shots to boot!
BUt all was said and done and my precious homeschooled baby is going to 1st grade!
And my not so "precious" 12 yr old smart ass is going to 7th grade! LOL
Last year he decided he was smarter than me and I suddenly became the dumbest woman on the planet! So he went straight to school and found a whole bunch of other DUMB people who cal. themselves "teachers" so we will see how his attitude is this year!

I cannot wait until eh looks back at this age and sees the truth!
How does that song go?

Back when I knew It ALL
At the ripe old age of nineteen
i bought a short bed pick up chicks machine
life ran on beer and gasoline
a half a lap ahead of the law
i had a fake i d that got me into "tuffies"
love was a word i used to get lucky
was a big time spender with that plastic money
back when i knew it all


ch.....back when the world was flat and mama and daddy didn't have a clue
that was back......
back when a pitcher of beer and a couple shots made me bulletproof
back when god was a name i used in vain to get a point across when
i got ticked off
lord i'm learning so much more......than back when i knew it all


i found out credit cards don't mean you're rich
and beer and gasoline don't mix
yeah step side trucks can't jump a ditch
and those " big house" rooms sure are small
i've learned that love is a woman that will settle you down
a sunday sermon can turn life around
man i can't believe all the answers i've found
since ....back when i knew it all

ch

br....i've done some growing up
and i'm still growing up
so i know i'll never be as smart as i once was
that was back.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do like that song - I can say I wasnt really the "smart ass" in my family, that was my younger sister, but there were times when I thought I knew it all - Wish I knew then what I know now. (that was a tongue twister)

Maureen said...

I love that song.