Friday, June 24, 2011

~Cracked Ceramic Floral Rose Tutorial~

Good morning my friends ♡♡♡
**Tomorrow I will announce the i-rock WINNER from Monday**

I love all things vintage and when I made this Floral Rose with
the McGill punches, I knew I wanted to take it one step further
and play with the idea of making it a "Ceramic" looking rose.
I won't give you step by step on the making of the rose,
every McGill punch has that, but I will tell you know I made this.
I will be making videos later on as I go one with McGill.
In the photo I forgot the snowflake punch for the base but everything else
you will need is right here.
I used pink card stock, and green card stock, I actually used a very light pink.
First I created the rose from the LIGHT pink card stock,
I used my Imaginisce i-bond to make it stiff and stand tall.

Then I colored the entire rose with my copic marker and allowed it to dry.
Coloring the rose with the copics will allow the crackle draw some of the colors
out and it will make the rose multi colored later on when the crackle dries.

After about an hour I took my Crackle Effects from Ranger, and I carefully
coated the entire rose, making sure to get it underneath every petal.
I also punched green leaves and did not color them.
I let it dry for 24 hours. After that I double check for spots I missed.
When it is completely dry it looks like a cracked ceramic rose.

Then with my i-bond and the badge/pin combo from Imaginisce
I adhered the rose to the badge/pin and that was it!
I don't think I can capture the true "ceramic" look that you see
in person. It really does look like I took it off of a plate from the 1920's.

I am excited, and I know it will last for years! :)
I think I might even give it to my girlyfriend who loves all thing vintage too!

Photobucket

26 comments:

Ziggyeor said...

looks marvelous! I'm glad to see you're having fun with the punches :)

Kray said...

First off the rose is beautiful! Second, I loved the cracked ceramic look. Great idea!

Janice said...

Ooh, this is lovely! Well done you, a beautiful flower. Jx

THERESA said...

I must say , you have done a stunning job on the 'ceramic look' , wow, i know a pic is not as good as in person, but this already looks real 'ceramic vintage', well done oin this, adsolutely love it!!
lotsa luv

Chelle said...

pretty cool looking

Kim said...

Very Pretty! Thanks for the tutorial:)
~Kim

Scatter said...

Wow! See what happens when those boys entertain themselves!

Jodi said...

Wow!!!! It is stunning!!!! TFS!!!

Lucy said...

I am drooling! This is so gorgeous, I will have to give it a try. TFS :)

Kelly Sas said...

I would love to see this in person - I bet it is amazing! I have got to get some more of these punches.

Dot said...

Your rose is so beautiful!! Love the vintage look!!

Scrapthat said...

GORGEOUS!! Dang...now I want that punch more than I did before! Fooey! LOL

Moondust47 said...

Wow! That is very creative! It's beautiful!

Carrie K said...

Fabulous rose! I love the crackle effects. I have got to get some of that!!

Jan Garber said...

Cool finish on the flower! I love anything crackled! Sounds like you're out and about and have plans for some summer fun! Don't let the DH work too hard!

Liz said...

Yes, I have to say I love the ranger crackle I know what your talking about it does look like an vintage ceramic IRL. Sometimes our camera's just don't capture it. It takes a long time to dry, but well worth the after effect!

Tona said...

The rose is beautiful!

Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom said...

I love my heat gun it's one of my favorite tools and so is the IROCK.
you know me bling , bling , bling.

Kim. said...

Pinky this is amazing, love the crackle effect.
Kim xXx

Brenda said...

WOW I loveeee this!!! Thanks sooo much for sharing!
hugs
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [25 Jun 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Manhattan Mandie said...

Ok, now THAT is pretty awesome!!! I think I need to get me some of those punches!!!

Unknown said...

This is just way to cute. Love the colour of the flower. Thank you for sharing

Amanda

Scrapfaire said...

This rose is really, really lovely, TFS!!

melody said...

whoa..that is gorgeous chickie! i gotta check into those punches..for sure!

Renee V said...

One of the prettiest roses I have seen! Great job, thanks for sharing!