Thursday, February 23, 2012

~Birthday Cards- Layering It Up~

Good morning my friends,

I actually sat down to make cards yesterday and try my new Spellbinders
dies by Samantha Walker. I also tried my hand at the rubber mat and embossing.
I did not do it right the first time but I am confident I will be able
to master it. I think I might need to grab an actual
Spellbinders machine this year!
For these two cards I used the Scraptastic Club - Boy's Life Feb Kit,
I tried out my new rubber mats for embossing, but shortly after
I tried it I realized I need to cut first them emboss on the next roll through.
I embossed first not realizing it would not cut.
In the end I am happy with it all, and I have 2 cute cards
for the boys. They always love getting cards from mom.

Off to prep for tomorrow and this weekend, going out with
the girls on Saturday, had Bunco on Tuesday...BUSY fun week!! :)
Happy Thursday my friends...have a beautiful day~
THANK you for stopping by.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Drayia said...

I have Spellbinders Grand Calibur and even after reading how to cut and emboss with it I did it wrong too, LOL. Great cards and lucky boys.

Ziggyeor said...

oh cool I like the emboss. Have fun this weekend!

melody said...

oh...i love these chickie! the design is just scrumptious...and nice touch with the layering