Thursday, September 5, 2013

Secret Recipes- Special Family Project

Hey there, 
So I have a little story today if y'all will bear with me. 

Most of you who follow along with my blog- well you know I add in 
alot of my life and 100% of my heart always. 
And if you know me you know a huge part of my life is cooking
for my 3 boys and hubby. I may not be perfect or thin but I try
to make sure we have natural foods and home cooked meals most
of the time. It is very important to me, and I definitely share my love
through my food. I am often told I am like an old Italian grandmother
minus the grandma part- but you will always find food in my kitchen. 
 So when I came across this Farmhouse kit from Creating Made Easy
and saw all the recipe cards from Farmhouse in it, I knew I wanted to
make a "Secret Recipe" book for my boys. 
Now since I have 3 boys and NO girls, I knew I wanted it to be beautiful
but not all flowery and glittery, I just wanted it to be from the heart. 
The Clear Scraps Recipe Stand Album was perfect and I was happy to make it. 
Here is how I created this album:



  •  Using Silhouette Cameo and Farmhouse papers, cut out "SECRET RECIPES". 
  • Using Xyron® 1.5" Sticker Maker- run letters through X. 

  • Adhere Title to album cover page. 
  • Using Farmhouse stickers- apply stickers to back of album. 


  •  Using hole punch or Crop-A-Dile- punch holes in each page. 
  • Run metal ring through. 

 That's it! 19 special recipes in this 10 page album of acrylic and chipboard
and Xyron worked for both with EASE!
I can't wait to give this to my boys. My oldest is turning 18 this year and
it's going to be a big year. The perfect time to start thinking of these items. 

Thanks to Creating Made Easy- LOVE this kit and XYRON for making it so easy!
Photobucket

No comments: