Friday, November 15, 2013

Paper Earring?!! OH MY! Avocado Arts Tutorial!

 Good morning friends,
it is officially Friday and I have a fun FUN new project to share.
A pair os PAPER EARRINGS! That's right.

You know on the 15th of every month it is my day to
share the newest Avocado Arts Stamp set and this month is
 Gingerbread Goodness. I decided to go crazy and make a
pair of earrings with the stamps!
Now I see .99 or 1.00 earrings at WalMart all the time, so
in my opinion, why not just make my own RAD earrings!
Isn't this stamp set fun? I love it.
  • Stamp candy canes onto CutCardStock Red Cardstock using embossing pad. 
  • Coat with gold embossing powder. 
  • Heat set with heat gun. 


  • Cut candy canes out (of course you could use your SVG and machine I just chose to use scissors).
  • Turn over and gold emboss entire backside of candy canes. 
  • Now here is where I tell you to coat with Crackle Accents BUT personally after trying this, I wish I had coated with Resin or Glossy Accents instead.  

  • Set to dry for 10 hours or so. 
  • Poke hole through top of candy cane.
  • Thread jump rings and earrings. 
  • Stamp and emboss sentiment for inside card.  

That's it!
Now if I had more time this week I would have made 5 pairs and experimented. 
Like I said I wish I had used resin, but hey for the first try I LOVE IT!
Plus the only thing that matters is this super awesome stamp set! LOL
Check out my other projects up today!
http://avocadoarts.blogspot.com/
Happy friday friends~ :) 

Photobucket

1 comment:

Ziggyeor said...

Those are cute! And a nice card and gift in one :)