Wednesday, January 29, 2014

I've Got A Crush On You...Xyron

Good morning friends, 
I am sad to say this is my last post for my DT term with Xyron and
what a wonderful term it was! :) For my last project I created a card
and a bookstand I turned into a home decor project. 
Let me share how I created these projects! 

Cut Crush On You card file using Silhouette Cameo or similar machine. 
This card is 6X6. 
Trim out Cardstock for the inside at 6X6. 
Run card stock through Xyron 9" Creative Station.
Rub and peel.
Place cardstock- ADHESIVE SIDE UP in card so the sticky parts 
show through to the front of the card. 
Sprinkle with glitter and shake off excess. 
Using Xyron High Tack Tape 1/2" place strip at bottom of the card
then apply a strip of vintage lace- press firmly. 

Take acrylic LOVE Expression peel off protective film from the front. 
Run LOVE through Xyron 9" Creative Station top side down. 
Rub, peel and remove. Coat adhesive side with glitter. 
Dust off excess. 
Trim out paper to fit bookstand- run through Xyron 9" Creative Station.
Adhere to center of bookstand. 
Apply Xyron High Tack Tape 1/2" at top and bottom or patterned paper. 
Layer on Dazzle ribbon. 
Cut apart LOVE Expression and use Xyron High Tack Tape 1/2" to adhere
it to the bookstand. Use Xyron Teresa Collins Adhesive Kit Pop Dots 
to pop up half the letters. 
Embellish using stickers and extra lace and Xyron High Tack Tape 1/2".
Now you have a great romantic home decor piece to use through Feb. 
And a very glitter Valentine Card! All of them made so easy with Xyron!

Don't forget to like Xyron on Facebook!

Products Used:
Xyron 9" Creative Station, Xyron Teresa Collins Adhesive Kit Pop Dots, Xyron High Tack Tape 1/2", Silhouette Cameo, Samantha Walker Crush On You Card Cut File, Clear Scraps Bookstand, Clear Scraps Acrylic LOVE Expression, Clearsnap Glitter, Vintage Lace, Ribbons Unlimited Dazzle Ribbon, CutCardStock Basis Cardstock.
Photobucket

5 comments:

Jenny's Heart said...

Teehee...LOVE it!

Belinda Basson said...

Very clever, I have used double sided tape for glitter before, but not thought to use my Xyron!

Anonymous said...

Pinky , I think you went out with a **BANG ** great project,so creative and so glittery ***

Gina H said...

These are so pretty. I know that the photos don't do the glitter the justice it deserves!

Allie Gower said...

Fabulous. I love your cards, and the tutorial is excellent.